Want to INCREASE the amount of inspiration & encouragement in your household? Try an “Inspiration & Encouragement” jar!
A cafeteria manager (Stacey Truman) in Virginia Beach took the time & effort to write encouraging notes on each of the bananas for the school children – which the children soon dubbed “talking bananas”.
It gave me an idea to have a large jar in the house filled with inspirational quotes, bible passages and encouraging words. My thought was to have the kids help in producing these short messages and stuff them all into a large mouthed jar. When any of us found ourselves to be needing a little inspiration or encouragement we could just pick one of these out of the jar and hopefully it would help nudge us back into a more positive and optimistic perspective.
Rather than a “Cookie Jar” we have an “Inspiration & Encouragement Jar” in our house!
The world can definitely use more positive energy for sure. And if there have been any studies indicating that too much positive energy or encouragement can be harmful to one’s health – I must have missed it!
So we are going to give it a shot!
Here are some of the positive quotes, encouraging words & bible verses we are using in our jar: (Yes – as you will see – the kids definitely made up some of these!)
- Take what you have and use it to create what you want.
- Don’t carry your mistakes around with you. Instead, place them under your feet and use them as stepping stones to rise above them.
- Difficult roads often lead to beautiful destinations. Don’t quit.
- Faith is seeing light with your heart when all your eyes see is darkness.
- Be an encourager. The world has plenty of critics already.
- Stop saying “I wish” and start saying “I will”.
- Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass – but rather learning to dance in the rain.
- Old ways won’t open new doors.
- Sometimes I just look up to God, smile and say “I know that was you. Thank you!’
- Doubt kills more dreams than failure ever will.
- You only fail when you stop trying.
- Never let your fear decide your future.
- A person who feels appreciated will always do more than expected.
- “I have found that if you love life, life will love you back.” Arthur Rubinstein
- Your life won’t get better by chance. It gets better by CHANGE.
- Believe you can – and you are half-way there. Theodore Roosevelt
- Be nice to nerds. Chances are you’ll end up working for one. Bill Gates
- Better to be a nerd than one of the herd!
- Dear “Cool People” – They didn’t name a candy after you – did they? Sincerely, Nerds.
- The true sign of intelligence is not knowledge – but imagination. Albert Einstein
- Give your burdens to the Lord and he will take care of you. He will not permit the Godly to slip & fall. Psalm 55:22
- Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. Romans 12:12
- Sometimes we are tested – not to show our weaknesses, but to discover our strengths.
- Everyday is a new beginning. Take a deep breath, smile and start again.
- Keep your face to the sunshine & you cannot see the shadows. It’s what the sunflowers do!
- Think positively, Talk positively, & Feel positive.
- You are blogtastic!
- If life hands you lemons, make lemonade!
- Rise above the storm & you will find the sunshine!
- Don’t let anyone dull your sparkle!
- Be thankful for what you have – you’ll end up with more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have – you will never, ever have enough.
- Every day may not be good, but there is good in every day!
- You’re unbelievable!
- Always remember you are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, smarter than you think, & loved more than you know!
- Be a pineapple – Stand tall, wear a crown & be sweet on the inside.
- Don’t wish to be anything but what you are – & do that perfectly.
- Life has 2 rules: #1 Never quit, & #2 Always remember Rule #1!
- Have FUN!
- Smart, Funny, & Kind. You’re the whole package!
- When you feel so mad & you want to roar – Take a deep breath & count to 4! 1, 2, 3, 4 (Daniel Tiger)
- You will make someone’s day.
- You are beautiful!
- You deserve a lollipop today!
- Stay strong – You’ve got this!
- Don’t let anyone doubt your awesomeness!
- You are so kind. As sweet as candy!
- But baby panda was prepared.
- You are nice.
- You have a great sense of humor!
- U R A Star!
- You got this!
- You can do anything you put your mind to!
- You have great hygiene.
- Just keep swimming – just keep swimming!
- Look on the bright side!
- You deserve to go swimming!
- I can do all things through Christ – who strengthens me!
- You make the coolest things!
- You are so talented!
- I – N – V – U – 4 – U – R – A – Q – T!
- You are nice!
- Your smile lights up a room!
- Don’t stop believin’ – Hold on to that feelin’ (Journey)
- Stay positive & keep the faith!
- Go Team Williamson! (Our family)
- You are so loved!
- You can do anything – if you try hard enough!
- Oh, My-lanta! The door is always open! (Fuller House)
I hope you have as much fun in your house putting one of these together as we did!